Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Stories don't go anywhere without conflict, and I'm always on the lookout for unique ideas.
Below are some websites chock full of inspiration to tuck away in your conflict file.
1. This is a great one for a chuckle. Who is better at solving life's problems than MacGyver?
2. Top Ten Most Stressful Life Events
3. Top 5 stupid things couples fight about (I'm not sure these are the top 5, but they made me giggle.)
4. Top 10 most pointless things to argue about.
5. Top 10 problems that girls and women face. (Again, not convinced they're the top ten, but here you go.)
6. List of life stressors (love this one)! (The list not the stress.)
7. Top ten solutions to life's problems (just read it backwards and you have conflict).
8. Top ten scariest situations in sports.
9. Natural Disasters
10. Types of external conflict (most writers know this, but it's always good to be reminded).
12. Types of mental illnesses.
13. 8 deadly diseases.
14. Emergency Situations
15. Mother-in-law issues.
16. Animal Attacks (these videos are not for the tenderhearted so don't watch if this sort of things upsets you). I don't particularly enjoy watching these but until I watched the first one, I'd never thought about putting an attack moose in a story.
17. Criminal Profiles (I like using this sort of thing for creating inner conflict for the bad guys.)
18. Disabling Conditions.
19. Top 15 hurtful situations when growing as a Christian (don't think these are top 15 but they're good ones for inspiration).
20. 10 things kids worry about.
Where do you get your ideas for conflict? I want to know!
Karla Akins is a pastor's wife, mother of five, and grandma to five beautiful little girls. She lives in North Manchester with her husband, twin teenage boys with autism, and three crazy dogs. Her favorite color is purple, favorite hobby is shoes, and favorite food group is cupcakes.