Monday, July 1, 2013

Spotlight on Hoosier Author: Gene Stratton Porter


Gene Stratton Porter.


This month I'd like to share what I've written about one of my favorite Hoosier Authors: Gene Stratton Porter.

Swing on over to The Barn Door and enjoy learning about this fascinating author.

Click here for part 1: A Girl of the Limberlost

Click here for part 2: A Girl of the Limberlost Part 2.


Thanks for reading!


Karla Akins is an award winning author who loves to ride a motorcycle. Her book, The Pastor's Wife Wears Biker Boots is due out August 9, 2013. You can contact Karla via her website at KarlaAkins.com

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite authors, for sure, partly because of what she achieved and when! I enjoyed taking students from Grace College (Winona Lake) on field trips to her home when I taught there for a few years way back in the 80s. This reminds me to visit again on my own sometime soon. . . Thanks, Karla! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millie, I'm very familiar with Grace College and Winona Lake. I live in North Manchester -- not too far away! I have a favorite restaurant there. So cool you took your students to her homes as I did my students. Favorite, favorite memories!

      Delete
  2. Visited her home and was so impressed with the artistic, idioscyncratic parts such as the fireplace. I bet she'd have been a fun person to talk to in real life. Just recently listened to Freckles on CD because she was a favorite author of mine as a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her houses. And agree, I wish I could talk to her right now!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Mary, I read the book Freckles aloud to my classes. We all fell in love with that boy!

      Delete