For whatever reason, I'm sure many of you reading this are like me and could not make it to the ACFW National conference this year. Finances, your "day" job, or family matters might have prevented you from attending or changed your plans to attend. But, fear not! Next year the conference is back in Indy!
So, what can you do for next year to increase your chances of attending:
- Start planning now.
- Pray that God will open the opportunity or adjust your circumstances so that you will be able to attend.
- Start saving now. Pinch every penny so that you can take advantage of all the opportunities.
- Start networking to find a buddy to stay with during the conference.
- Make a commitment to yourself to have your manuscript ready.
- Read our Hoosier Ink newsletters, the ACFW Journals (the national magazine), the local and national Yahoo groups, and visit acfw.com to read about the experiences of others.
- Network with those that did attend so that you can be more informed about what decisions you need to make regarding courses, editors, etc.
- If possible, purchase the 2012 conference recordings. If you were not there in person, you can still "attend" this way.
I was one who was all set to attend this year, but work prevented me from attending; therefore, I decided to focus my efforts on making next year a reality. The ACFW National conference can be one of the most important experiences in your writing life. Having only attended one so far, it made a huge difference in my writing life.
See you next year!