Don’t you just love God? He’s always up to something fresh and extraordinary:
* His mercies are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:22, 23)
* He is a very present help in time of need! (Psalm 46:1-3)
* He is faithful to complete the work he has begun. (Philippians 1:6)
* He instructs us. (Isaiah 28:26)
* He makes a way through difficulties, trials, and terrors. (Isaiah 43:16)
* He provides for us. (Psalm 65:9)
* He removes our sin when we ask him and reshapes those sinister places of need that compel us to repeat our errors. (Hosea 14:4)
* He heals us. (Exodus 15:26)
* He guides us. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
* He plans good things for us that will bring us joy and fulfillment. (Jeremiah 29:11)
* He never leaves us. (Hebrews 13:4-6)
* He sings over us. (Zephaniah 3:17)
* He loves us. (John 14:23)
* He stirs gifts up within us, including our creativity. (Romans 12:6)
This year, as you set writing and personal goals, make God your top priority. If you set no goals, still make God your top priority. Let praise be your first conscious thought. Let him permeate each moment and every decision. Let love toward him be your final good night. He deserves this place of honor for the Lord is your full portion. (Lamentations 3:24)
Thank you, God for 2012’s gains and losses, gifts and lessons. I let it go, because I can do nothing to change the past. I turn my eyes to 2013 and seek your plan and purpose. Help me embrace every moment as a God-moment. I ask the same for my writer brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.
Happy New Year! May God live big in you!
She's grateful for the words God has given her in 2012, for the warm welcome of Journey to Christmas, and anticipates new, bolder words in 2013.