Sunday, June 9, 2013

Oh, God, Please.


Back to the writing table you come. 
It's full and you're empty. What to do?

Pray.

Oh, God. You yourself know my frame. You are mindful that I am but dust.
(Psalm 103:14)







I am looking up, searching the horizon for help. Where will my help come from?
I say confidently, boldly: my help comes from the LORD, Maker of heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:2)

Oh, Lord. My soul blesses you. Everything within me blesses your holy name.
Oh, my soul, bless the LORD and forget none of his benefits.
He pardons all of your iniquities,
He heals all of your diseases.
He redeems your life from the pit.
He crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion.
He satisfies your years with good things so that my youth is renewed youth, like an eagle.
(Psalm 103:1-5)

Some days I do not know what to do, much less what to write. Teach me to number my days so that I may present you with a wise heart.
(Psalm 90:12)

When You lead me to write, oh, satisfy me with Your lovingkindness so that I may sing for joy and be glad all of my days.
Let your favor be upon me.
And confirm for me the work of my hands.
Yes, Lord, I ask it again: confirm the work of my hands.
(Psalm 90:14, 17)

And when my heart overflows with a good theme, make me write to You, my King. Make my tongue the pen of an eager writer.
(Psalm 45:1)

I know that no good thing dwells in me naturally, but by your grace I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which You prepared beforehand so that I would walk in them. Lead me as Your humble creation into all you have prepared.
(Romans 7:18; Ephesians 2:10)

If writing success comes, no glory to me, Lord, no glory to me. But to your name be glory because of your lovingkindness and because of your truth.
(Psalm 115:1)

Writing or not, make me like David, whose soul panted for You like a deer pants for the water brooks. Keep my soul thirsty for You, the living God. Create in me a longing to come and appear before You.
(Psalm 42:1, 2)

2 comments:

  1. Good blog, Renata.

    And Darren, aren't Apple computers great for going out on a limb with a groundbreaking premise, planting the seeds of one's plot, develop the core characters, and creating a-peeling dialog?

    I know. You're about to tell me to leaf you alone.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete