Wednesday, December 21, 2022

A Time to Write and a Time to Love

ADVENT

Expectation.

Anticipation.

Waiting for the Promise

To arrive.

 

The LORD did arrive,

And He taught us to

Savor the moments in life.

To bask in those moments when the Holy Spirit envelops us in His love.

 

My Choice

 

For me, the past month has been filled with the frenzy of first-time publication. I can get caught up in the obsession of Amazon rankings, or I can fill the heavens with praise and thanksgiving. I can search the web for reviews on my book, or I can love on my children and grandchildren and let the Lord take care of spreading the word about my literary endeavors.

I choose praise and thanks and joy.

I choose family and friends.

Come January 2, 2023, Christmas celebrations will subside, visitors will travel home, and I will assess my objectives for the new year. The time to write will arrive again.

But for this day in this season of loving our God who came to earth to save the world from sin, I will rejoice in each moment as I spend time with my Savior and with my family and my friends.

May you also find blessings and joy unspeakable and full of glory in this season of Christ’s love for us.

 

  Linda Sammaritan writes realistic fiction, mostly for kids ages ten to fourteen.

Linda always figured she’d teach teens and tweens for sixty-five years, at which point, school authorities would present her with a retirement wheelchair and roll her out the door. However, God changed those plans when He gave her a growing passion for writing fiction. In May of 2016, she blew goodbye kisses to her students and dedicated her work hours to becoming an author.

A wife, mother of three, and grandmother to eight, Linda regales the youngest grandchildren with “Nona Stories,” tales of her childhood. Maybe one day those stories will be in picture books!

Where Linda can be found on the web:

www.lindasammaritan.com

www.facebook.com/lindasammaritan

www.twitter.com/LindaSammaritan

www.instagram.com/lindasammaritan

2 comments: