Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Brainstorming in "Full Imagination"



I don’t know about you, but as a writer, the only time I’m NOT brainstorming my next story idea (via multitasking while concentrating on my “day” job) is when I’m actually sitting in a theater watching a movie: Larger than life and right in front of me. At that point, all other processes are shut down and I am fully focused forward.

Earlier this year, I began adopting a brainstorming approach that involved “watching” my story possibilities unfold within the “theater of my mind.” On that screen, I can envision different actors portraying my characters, design the visuals of my environments, and work through different plot twists and turns…all geared towards developing each story element (and the many possibilities of) my work-in-progress. It’s the ultimate plug-n-play in story development. Adding some music to my writing time really completes the ensemble.

If you are a visual person, this type of brainstorming can really help you flesh out your story in such a way that you can change things on the fly. No typing, deleting, or pressing the “un-do” command. The next time you are brainstorming on your next great novel idea, let it play out in full surround-sound and in full-imagination within the theater of your mind. Should you ever decide to turn your story into a movie script, you will be one step ahead!

-Darren Kehrer

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have often “seen” my scenes on the screen of my mind as I write. And in general, I think this is helpful. At the same time, I would caution any writer who does this not to overlook other human senses. Because movies are a visual-auditory experience, they are limited to sight and sound. Not novels! To bring a scene alive for readers, writers should include smells, tastes, and the sense of touch. Doing so will help to plop the reader right into the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: investmoneyoilgasfast@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete