Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Nothing but Board

Today's post is one of simplicity revolving around visually sketching your brainstorms, plot ideas, mind maps, and story structure ideas. 



I do much of this with good old fashion pen/pencil and paper. Recently, I found a great little FREE iPad app by Qrayon called "Simple Whiteboard." It just replaces that and gives me a digital board....it even has the option of displaying the screen as white, blank, or grid pattern (graph paper).  You get a few color markers, choices of width, and then a magic eraser. That's it. Simple.

With ease, you can sketch, draw, scribble...

  1. Doodles
  2. Plot timelines
  3. Room layouts and scenes
  4. Cover design ideas
  5. Structures
  6. Maps (islands, towns, outposts, etc.)
...basically, anything you can do on paper. Then, you can share what you've created.

I've been using this app for many of these activities. Combined with my Apple Pencil, it's a tool that is simple, basic, and serves a basic purpose. (photo credit: Apple Store)

-Darren Kehrer



4 comments:

  1. I hadn't realized such a thing exists. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know such a thing existed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 1960s,hold-in-your-hand pencil/pen/crayon/marker mind is trying to understand. Do you use your mouse to create the picture by clicking on your marker choices?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all. This only happens on the iPad (or iPhone). It works with your finger, but better with an Apple Pencil or stylus.

    ReplyDelete