Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sometimes I Wish Jesus Was Kidding


Jesus is talking to me at Panera.

Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.

The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

A slave is not greater than his master.

He who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

A dear friend of mine says, "Every time I think I've died the last death, I'm asked to die a new way." Here comes another death: give up more writing time to serve. Just when I thought I'd hit an comfortable stride between writing and giving I find He is asking for more serving.

Are You sure? Isn’t writing serving?

Do you love Me?

Well, sure, but--

Then follow Me into the life of the single mom asking for time this morning.

Okay, if--

And follow Me into offering counsel to young moms who want it.

Now? Well, okay, but how many?

And I want you to give more to your family--more generously, more widely, more wholeheartedly, expecting nothing.

Isn't that a little expensive?


The pain in His eyes silences me. I dared to utter anything before God?

Yes, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring thoughts and painful at the same time. I confess, sometimes it's difficult to understand when I am pursuing His will and when it's really my will I'm pursuing.

    ReplyDelete